Glitter Words
Ninja!

Monday, June 26, 2006

bee hoon...


Today for dinner i have prepared a very simple dishes..the dishes is among the famous dishes for my house.. heheh.. My sister in law favorite is also bee hoon.. I do prepared bee hoon name by bee hoon hailam.. It is not too dry but it have to be serve in wet condition.. Then I wonder.. What is actually bee hoon came from.. And what is it actually... later i found out something in the Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. So I think I should share this with the rest of my blog visitor... here it is... the explanations about the bee hoon... oh before I forget.. Everybody told me that the bee hoon that i cooked is tasty.. hhehehe... em.. I think I’m going to do something better later... :D enjoy reading...

Rice vermicelli are thin noodles made from rice, sometimes also known as rice noodles or rice sticks. They are a part of several Asian cuisines, where they are often eaten as part of a soup dish, stir fry, or salad. Rice vermicelli are particularly prominent in the cuisines of China and Southeast Asia, many of which feature a notable Chinese culinary influence.



Notable dishes

* Hokkien mee: Common dish in Malaysia and Singapore where rice vermicelli is mixed with yellow noodles and fried with shrimp, sliced cuttlefish and pork bits.
* Mohinga: Myanmar Rice vermicelli served with curry gravy and fish
* Pancit bihon: Filipino stir-fried rice vermicelli.
* Satay bee hoon: Rice vermicelli served with spicy peanut Satay sauce common in Singapore.
* Singaporean fried rice vermicelli (星州炒米, Xīngzhōu cháomǐ)
* Summer roll: Rice vermicelli with shrimp and herbs in a rice paper roll popular in Vietnam.

http://mcnods.fotopages.com

No comments: